Monday 2 February 2009

Rachel's Visit

As I mentioned before, Rachel came to visit for New Year. Here's some of her photos:

About to sample her first Injera !

Rach sees the tougher side of VSO
The queue for the bus (Asmara)
Authorised for travel (Tickets inspected, we get a red stripe on the thumb as confirmation)
Arranging the "bedroom" - Massawa
Supper - Massawa, New Year's Eve 2008
Jan 1st 2009 - Massawa
Tribesman and Camel
Rachel, with ruins of Haile Selassie's palace in background
Me, outside a (um) Wonderful shop
Coming towards Massawa
Massawa
The hardware store
Shop
Weaver (well you can see that!)
At my desk in work
Picnic in the mountains
Inside my compound on washing day
Mix it, ferment it and, yes - drink it!
The Nakfa tree is so called because it appears on the currency (Nakfa).
Rach and me on my bike close to the Nakfa tree.
"And we have this in your size..."
At the top of the bell tower, Asmara Cathedral
Rachel nearly gets to church

No comments: