Friday 5 September 2008

Final entry in UK

Hi guys,
So here I am writing the final pre-departure entry- OMG!!! I'm sitting at the kitchen table surfing the net whilst mum is putting together a handy sewing kit for me to take- aren't mums brilliant! I've just come back from lunch with Naini and Jude down at the Watermill. Had a lovely tuna nicoise. It has finally stopped raining but the fields were all completely flooded as the river has burst it's banks. I've taken photos but I've packed the computer connector so can't post them yet!! Loads of roads around here have flooded and Newbridge Fields (for those of you who know it) is pretty much just a wide fast flowing river, huge waves as the water crashes over the bins!!
I'm feeling ok about going. Feeling like I've been packing for an absolute age. I'm glad I managed to get packed last night as today has been a really nice 'bits and bobs' kind of day. Mum and Dad went to Tesco to print my photos and spent 24 pounds- that's alot of photos!!!! I'm feeling sad about leaving here and am seeing Bridgend in a completely new light- as some kind of amazing Eden! We're leaving for London tonight at 7 ish- after a nice pizza. Feel like all I've done today is eat and drink!! Staying overnight at the Ibis and then up bright and breezy at 4:30am ish to head to Heathrow. I'm not much of a morning person so this could be a bit unpleasant for all involved!
Right, better shoot as I need to get my finance file sorted for Dad. Next time I'll be reporting from Eritrea- eeikk!!!!
Stay safe and keep in touch!
L xx

No comments: